Image Map

Monday, March 13, 2017

I'm back!

Ohhh hey there. Remember me? I sort of took an accidental hiatus from blogging and most of social media for the majority of March so far.  It was totally unintentional but hey, I didn't mind. It was a nice break, but I'm back, baby!

Last week was slightly uneventful so I don't feel a need to rehash it. I'll just start with our fun weekend! Friday evening we ventured up to Columbus to spend a quick weekend with some friends! Megan and Andy are actually friends we met through mutual friends years ago, and I'm so glad we've kept in touch!! They are some of the most selfless, genuine people we know!

Friday we started by basically depleting Kroger of all the snacks on the shelves, and getting sushi-take out. I mean... I dare you to find a better way to spend your Friday night ;)

Saturday, Megan and I were up bright and early for Barre 3 class. She's a long-standing member there and has a TON of free class cards so she was nice enough to let me use one! The only other Barre class I've taken was a few years ago with Megan at the exact same studio, and I just love it. Seriously, it's SUCH a good workout, and everyone is so friendly. So much toning, etc.!

When we got back to their house, the boys had been slaving away in the kitchen making breakfast! I'm talking bacon, eggs, toast, cinnamon rolls, a fruit plate, you name it - they thought of it! Shortly after, we all got cleaned up and headed out to see where the day would take us.

We hit up the library, an old historic book store, then stopped by this little hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese place for lunch and had the best Pad Thai ever! We were in heaven.

That evening we shot an impromptu photo session at sunset of them and I'm thrilled with how they turned out. We went back to their place to order local pizza, and lets just say Megan and I stayed up way too late talking, but hey, that's what girl time is all about. Am I right?!

Sunday finally caught up with us, and we were DRAGGING! Caleb and I couldn't be saved by all the coffee in the world, but we said our goodbyes and hit the road. Once we made it home we managed to stay awake long enough to get lunch with my family, then each had our own 2 hour nap. It. Was. GLORIOUS.

So while I might be a little sleepy today, it was absolutely worth it. I hope everyone had a fun weekend and an even better week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun weekend - we keep saying we want to get back to Ohio someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend!! There is a barre studio opening very soon close to our house and I'm so excited to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend!! I took a Sunday nap too and it was fantastic :) Happy new week, friend!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! :) What a fun little getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend, girls nights like that are the best! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sushi looks amazing. i've never done a proper barre class, only at the gym. that breakfast sounds amazing! go the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you guys were able to visit with your friends!! That sushi seriously looks GOOD. Jared and I had an iffy batch of it probably 6 months ago and haven't had it since lol, but I think I'm past that now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!