Image Map

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Suck {and sweet}

Suck || Being so busy. We have something going on every evening this week and I'm a little exhausted.
Sweet || Having all these plans has given me the chance to spend time with SO many people that I love!

Suck || Being irritable.
Sweet || Convincing myself I deserve some fudge so I'm not so irritable.

Suck || How expensive a bouquet of flowers can be.
Sweet || How pretty they are anyway.

Suck || Working until 5:00 this new year, and not getting off at 4:30 anymore
Sweet || Being thankful I have a day job.

Suck || How long it takes to prepare a homemade dinner.
Sweet || When Caleb went back for seconds. #winning

Suck || Having to throw your hair in a greasy ponytail because you woke up late.
Sweet || Getting those few extra minutes of sleep.

Suck || Hitting traffic every morning.
Sweet || Being grateful that everyone on the road is safe; including me.

Suck || Sweating my butt off trying to make a silly fort in our living room before Caleb got home.
Sweet || Seeing his face when he walked through the door!

Suck || Not having President's Day off of work.
Sweet || Still having a mostly obligation free weekend, woo!

*borrowed this post idea from my sweet blog friend Shelley long ago! Thanks, girl!
I hope everyone has had a great week, so far! Enjoy your Thursday!

15 comments:

  1. Not going to lie I thought that was some sort of photo shoot setup...until I saw the tv, ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, I cant relate to all of them except the fort! Hahaha! That pasta looks so yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me want to build a fort as soon as I get home today, it's so cute and fun! That dish you made looks absolutely incredible and when Matthew goes back for seconds I literally feel like super woman in the kitchen LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pasta looks amazing! And, this is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I don't get MLK Day or President's Day off. I get SO jealous that it feels like everyone else does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fort is seriously awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that fort on Instagram and I absolutely love it! Such an awesome idea. Nothing better than getting back to childhood roots. Also, that dinner looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to not get President's Day off, so I feel your pain. Luckily for me, though, they instituted it as a holiday a year or two ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fort is such a cute idea. I don't get President's Day off either. Students do, but we don't. So I guess it's sort of like a day off lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post. I'm going to give you a suck/sweet combo...
    Suck... not having set plans with you and Erin yet.
    Sweet... knowing it's going to happen one day. Gotta make time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That fort is amazing! This is a great post. love that attitude of gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel you on the traffic thing! Some days it takes me 25 minutes to get to/from work, other days an hour and a half. Those days put me in a bad mood! :) Those flowers are beautiful! Matt got me flowers for Valentine's and even though I know the money could have been spent elsewhere, they seriously make me so happy so I think we're getting our money's worth!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Traffic is lame. But I do weirdly miss having a commute sometimes haha! Glad you've had a good week even though it's been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pasta looks soo good. I need it in my belly.

    Hannah
    www.hannicmor.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!