Image Map

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hello 2017!

Having another short week is such a blessing. I swear, three day weekends just make me a happier person! Friday evening, Caleb had some friends over so I stayed upstairs and had myself a me-night. I watched 2 documentaries (Minimalism and one on Tony Robbins), Zootopia and listened to a 45 minute podcast, all while editing randomly, snap chatting my disappointment that Caleb promised me Chipotle and then brought home BBQ #firstworldprobz... but all in all it was really nice to have a night to myself! I need to schedule time like that more often.

Saturday we slept in and just relaxed all day until it was time to head over to Erin and Jared's. This has kind of become our tradition with them! We love it! This year, their other brother and his girlfriend also joined us! We had a great time playing board games, exchanging funny stories, and ringing in the new year together!




I'm so thankful that Caleb's family are also great friends! We have big dreams for 2017, and we're so excited to get it started!

Sunday we slept in again and since we didn't have church, we decided to clean up like crazy. We took down all of our Christmas decorations, cleaned all the nooks and crannies of our home (I'm looking at you ceiling fan...ew), and relaxed after we finally made dinner. Then we popped in Deepwater Horizon; highly recommended!

Yesterday we were lucky enough to both have the day off and we definitely took advantage and slept in (again), but then got moving with our workouts. I'm loosely following the TIU challenge and while I didn't pay for it, they give you a few specific moves and then it said "45 mins of cardio" so I chose this one and HOLY CANOLI, I thought I was going to die. Can't wait to see where I am in a few months!

Also this morning I was able to get up early enough to swing by Erin's to spend time with her and the most adorable nephew in the world...so you could say this day is looking up! ;)

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

10 comments:

  1. It looks like your year is starting off perfectly! Give Tyler a big squeeze from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purposely avoid gym on the 1st & 2nd of new year bc of ppls goals so looks like I need to head back today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for time to yourself and being able to sleep in! We've spent our New Years with two couple friends who we just adore the last two years and it's the best way to ring in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so cute! And yes, can 3 day weekends be every weekend?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it is a great start to the year - can't get better with baby visits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great NYE! Having a family that is close like that is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loosely following TIU as well! I'm moreso following their meal plan and Kayla Itsine's workouts because someone at work had them and gave me a copy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! So fun to ring in 2017 with your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of happy!!! Those few days of getting to sleep in just make everything right in the world. Happy 2017 my sweet friend. YAY For all that is in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I read a post like this one, I have serious jealousy and dreams of having friendships with my in-laws like you do. One day with prayer and a lot of work I think we can probably get there.. right? lol Fingers crossed too just in case.

    Happy new year friend! I can't believe we've "known" each other for so long... I hope to see you again some time soon!! Maybe 2017 will be the year? lol

    Amanda! @ www.whitegirlroadtrip.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!