Image Map

Monday, October 3, 2016

The weekend I wished would never end.

Guys, I am feeling so relaxed. This past weekend, Caleb and I were able to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. This isn't something that happens often, so for us, we were almost at a loss at what to do and ended up taking lots of naps. We weren't mad about it one bit.

Just like last Friday, we spent another fun evening with Erin and Jared while our nephew slept the night away. We laughed about everything and nothing, looked at old photos and stayed up way too late. Unfortunately we didn't get a ton of sleep, BUT woke up around sunset to help my grandparents move into their new home.

I'll be honest, it was a little emotional. This was my childhood home, where I had sleepovers with my best friends! The home I woke up in on my wedding day. I quickly reminded myself that home is where our family is, not a specific location, and I was all better. Their new ranch home is awesome, and you really can't beat the views. The family that owns the surrounding land is a family friend of ours and they have horse stables and acres of gorgeous land for miles.

After the move, Caleb and I had plans to watch the Buckeyes game, then hit up a local farm to pick pumpkins. Well, halfway through the game we took a nap and when we woke up, neither of us really felt like getting ready and driving 30 minutes to pick a pumpkin. So our "all things Fall" day was put on hold for a long nap and a late date night. I didn't mind one bit!

We got ready and hit up our favorite Mexican place in all the land. We stayed for a couple hours and just laughed the night away. We definitely ordered TWO sides of queso - you could call us wild ;) I'm so thankful for a husband who pursues me and still tries to get to know me more and more! We had so much fun together.


Sunday was amazing. So much lounging around! We made sure to have a breakfast date, watched a ton of football, got a lot of laundry done and relaxed the day away. I'm so thankful for this weekend that recharged me in so many ways. Now this upcoming weekend is packed full with two weddings and lots of football and church. I am so ready for vacation at the end of the month!!

12 comments:

  1. We had Mexican Saturday night and it took all my willpower NOT to order any queso. I succeeded but now reading this post makes me wish I had ordered it, ha! Glad you had a relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you had a relaxing weekend!!! You need it after all those weekends of weddings - (I know that is super hard work!!)! Hope you have a relaxing week before your next big weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a good weekend and definitely needed! We had a similar weekend and I always feel so recharged after! Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanny and Buddy are so darn cute!!!! :) I loved the snaps from their new house... all those wide open spaces and blue skies! So gorgeous :) Glad you two soaked in an awesome weekend of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for relaxing low-key weekends! Whenever my parents talk about moving, even though it won't be for awhile, I always get a little emotional about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice that you guys had such a good, care-free weekend! I think it's normal to feel how you felt about your grandparent's home. Memories are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet photos! It's always nice to look back on memories from your childhood. I know I still get overwhelmed with emotion when I visit my grandparents' house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spent a ton of time at my grandparents' house growing up, and it was really bittersweet when they moved. I still miss their house! New beginnings are exciting though! :) Glad you had a fun weekend. How could you not with TWO sides of queso?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you all had such a great weekend! Love the picture of your grandparents in front of their home where y'all made so many memories. Completely normal to get a little emotional about that, but I'm sure ya'll will make even more special memories in their new home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. home is definitely where family is, but it's so hard not to latch on to physical places, especially with so many memories! i'd be distraught if my mum moved or my nana did.
    y'all are super adorable, and i love all the date nights. glad this was a relaxing recharging weekend, hope it's enough to get you through this upcoming busy one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, two things of queso?! You are speaking my language. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think of all the fun new memories you can make in their new home. Hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!