Image Map

Monday, March 14, 2016

Weekend happenings in our world.

This was one of those weekends filled with plans but also time to relax. Friday, we ran some errands for things we needed for ourselves and for the house. Caleb knew I'd been needing a few new dresses for wedding season so he "dropped me off" in the women's department of Kohls while he looked for some shoes. Even though I walked into the fitting room with LOTS of options, only two of them worked. BUT they were on sale, two for the price of one!

After that we got dinner and had ourselves a date night. I love when he doesn't judge me for ordering the appetizer combo sampler as my entree...

Saturday I had a shower to go to! It was for Caleb's cousins wife, and I hadn't seen her since our wedding which was nearly 3 years ago! It was fun catching up with some of Caleb's family I don't get to see much but it got me really excited for the shower we're throwing for Erin soon!

Sunday we heard an incredible message that absolutely rocked me to the core. After that, Erin and Jared came over and we caught up with them after their vacation and finally gave them some CUUUUTE outfits we found for our future nephew! It was so hard not buying everything in the store for the little guy, but we tried our best to each just pick one thing!

The rest of the afternoon was spent in a disgusting grease pile on the couch editing my life away. #nojudgement

Totally changing topics here. Anyone else a big Walking Dead fan!?

I'll be honest, this season wasn't really doing it for us, but once they came back from the mid-season break, its been ROCKING our world. Constant gasps, "OMG's!" and "SHUT - UP's!!!"(mostly on my part). We are loving this second half of the season. No spoilers from me, don't worry! We're kind of toying with the idea of starting the "Fear The Walking Dead" series to hold us over once this one is over. We watched the first episode or two of it and thought it was alright, but it looks to have gotten much better. Anyone have thoughts?

I hope everyone has a great week ahead of them. I'm pretty excited, actually! I don't have ANYTHING on my calendar this week (other than that silly job that helps pay our bills), so I'm looking forward to some special nights with my man! Happy Monday, friends!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like quite a fun and productive weekend, lady! Cheers to two dresses for the price of one and for nothing on the calendar this week <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty dresses--wedding and baby season is definitely upon us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to spring/summer dresses-especially at a 2 for 1 price! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually laughed out loud when I read the appetizer combo sampler line. You speak directly to my soul with that. Haha...also, I can talk all. day. long. about The Walking Dead and you know that. Obsessed with this season. I have SO MUCH anxiety during every episode. I just have such a bad feeling - one of our favorites is bound to die in the season finale, I know it! Also, I really enjoyed Fear the Walking Dead. It's not as good as Walking Dead, but it's really cool to "see" the beginning of the apocalypse from another perspective, especially since we didn't really see it in Walking Dead (because Rick was in the coma). I'm also really fascinated by how they ended the season and what it seems like they might do in the next season. You should definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect balance of fun and relaxation, and yay for spring and summer dress shopping! 2 for 1 for the win <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want new clothes!!!! ;) Glad you found some good deals- Kohls always has the best stuff, I swear, that store rocks my face off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh pretty dresses! i don't watch the walking dead, i tried to get into it a couple years ago but never did. maybe i'll try again! girl you look way cuter on a sunday afternoon than i do haha so no judging :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I think it's easier to have only a few items work out of everything you bring into a dressing room. It makes deciding what to buy a whole lot easier! Especially if things aren't on sale. Lucky you that they were though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo another fun weekend!! :) Glad you could snag some cute dresses on sale! I would say I needed some but my closet has about 20 so I don't really! Gah why are new clothes so fun?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always find the best deals!! Can't wait to see those cute dresses. Also, I'm totally an appetizer gal, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Washing my hair on the weekend is a big deal so I totally get you on this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I love that first photo - I need to get some new dresses for the weddings we're planning this year too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are seriously just so excited in every post to spend time with Caleb and it's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!