Image Map

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thankful for it all.

In my instagram caption yesterday, I mentioned how thankful Caleb and I were for our recent purchase of our new winter coats that we needed. It got a few comments about what others were thankful for and made me want to write a full post on what I'm most thankful for; both serious and silly.
I'm extremely grateful for my husband...obviously. My life wouldn't be near as fun, interesting, or fulfilling as it is without him. He's my rock, and my best friend. I love that we get to hang out together for the rest of our lives...and play house, that's pretty fun, too.

My friends. Every one of those ladies down there? I have such a unique relationship with each of them and I couldn't be more thankful for all of them. I can be so insanely weird with every last one of them, and I love it!


Our apartment. It keeps us warm, it gives us water, its a place to go after a long day of work, its where Caleb and I started our life together...no matter where life takes us, and even though its not always super clean, I'll always remember this little spot of ours.

My jobs. One of which I don't absolutely love by any means, and another that I do...but both of them are really such a blessing. I may vent from time to time about the stress or craziness of having more than one job, but I'm extremely grateful that I've got not one, but two dependable jobs.

Speaking of jobs...I'm insanely thankful for health insurance. The fact that Caleb and I can just call our doctor and pay them a visit whenever we need too, is so amazing. I think sometimes in America we take advantage of modern medicine, and its really such a fantastic thing. I'm so thankful for insurance that covers us when we need it.

On a lighter note?
I'm thankful for my husbands smile lines. I tell him all the time how he's gonna be the hottest Dad on the block one day.
I'm thankful for Disney movies that make me feel like a kid again.
I'm thankful for my local Chickfila and that sweet nectar that they call tea.
I'm thankful for my favorite pair of socks covered in snowmen.
I'm thankful for emojis, they make texting my grandma so much more entertaining.
I'm thankful for my brother's weird personality that's almost identical to mine. Love you, bro!

Be thankful for everything today, no matter your circumstance. Significant or not...it all matters. There's always something to be thankful for!

12 comments:

  1. Such a great time of the year to remember the things we're thankful for. And health insurance - amen! I'd be in debt if it weren't for insurance :-/ (<-- we need bloggy-comment-emojis)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! Extremely thankful for health insurance!! I totally wish we had emojis for blog comments haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. It made me miss the days I had time to come up with posts like this! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smile lines are the best! As is health insurance and warm homes and all of the things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful things to be thankful for! Smile/laugh lines are the absolute best! It just means so much life is being lived :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures of you in your wedding dress are gorgeous! I'm also super thankful for insurance. I went without it for two years and it's amazing how much we take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and a great reminder to be thankful every day, not just on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of disney movies...did you see the promo for the new cinderella?

    This whole year I've been focusing on being more thankful for all the little things. I want to continue that in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thankful for youuuuu :) and Disney movies- duh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet!! You have a lot to be thankful for, we all do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great list! It's always good to reflect on the big and little things that we all have to be thankful for. I think that's one of my favorite parts of this time of year. :) AND, you should be super thankful for that gorgeous wedding shot of you and the hubs. What a beautiful pic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great post! I have one in the works for Wednesday! Disney movies are the best!! I have a few on my Christmas list this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!