Image Map

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Who gives a hoot?!

A friend and I were talking recently about how we sometimes let our opinions of ourselves be influenced by others, and their opinions on us...or our situation...or our family...etc. To be entirely honest? It's really exhausting.

No two people's situations are alike. You can't please everyone. Sometimes, you will tick people off for no really valid reason. No one is perfect.

It makes me realize how much I love this quote (and these adorable bulldogs);

It's so true, though..right? No matter what stance you take in life on any given subject, there will ALWAYS be someone who doesn't agree. ALWAYS someone who thinks you're nuts. So you know what I say? Support the things that you believe in, without giving a hoot what they think! You absolutely will never be able to please everyone all at once, so you may as well make sure you're happy. Love yourself more!

I'm lucky enough to have quite a few amazing friends... which isn't something a lot of twenty somethings can say at times. I'm talking those kind of friends who would drop anything for you, the friends you can call at 2AM because you just need someone, the type of friends who will not only let you cry in their parking lot over the fact that you suck at cooking, but the kind that will make you laugh cause they can tell you're feeling a little down.

Life is flying by me way too quickly, and I'm choosing to surround myself with as much positivity as I can. Having those certain people in my life to bring me up, sometimes are exactly what keeps me going. Those who support me no matter what, those are the kind of people I want in life. But those who will also be honest with me when they see me struggle. Those are the kind of friendships I desire.

Moral of my post? Get rid of the negativity in your life... cause when its gone? There's SO much room for the positive, and that will absolutely change your life.

Happy Wednesday, friends.

8 comments:

  1. Been there, gotten rid of that!!!! I don't need a negative nancy in my life, so peace out to you! Glad you feel the same!

    The bulldogs too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Absolutely. I'm also one of the lucky ones that has a small group of incredible friends to lift me up. I'm so grateful to surround myself with people who make my life better and push me to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So True!! I only want positive people surrounding me. No more drama/negative people - I got rid of those people in my life! And now...my life is a lot more pleasant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great reminder! It is really easy to get lost in the worrying about what others think of us and our lives. A small group of close friends that are there for you no matter what you need are the best. I struggle with having long distance close friends. Sometimes it would make things so much better if my best friends didn't live a couple hundred miles away from me. It makes the time that I get to spend with them face to face that much more special though and I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great reminder on this Wednesday! Love your positivity on this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much. It's so true that if we don't want criticism that we just shouldn't do anything....and I mean how boring is that? I love what you said about the friendships. I feel like I have been learning more and more about that over the past few months. I have always said "quality over quantity" when it comes to friendships. No need to keep around the extra baggage if it isn't needed. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true...no matter what you do, there will be someone who disagrees or doesn't like it or whatever! It's so important to surround yourself with positivity...something that I keep working on!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this. and thanks for your blog! It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!