Image Map

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Luckily, he deals with me!

So we had the most amazing first anniversary together over the weekend. Caleb had quite a few adorable things up his sleeve, and he has left me very impressed. Blog post to come ASAP... :)

I was thinking last night as I cleaned the crusted avocado off my jeans that I used in my dinner dish, that I have come a LONG way in my "comfort" level with Caleb. I totally remember when we used to date (back when we were wee little babes), and I'd think about our possible future together. My thoughts went something like...will he think I'm going bald with the amount of hair leave in the shower every single day?!... and do I have to clip my toenails in private?? and even worse, what do I do when I wake up next to him and look like a hobo with sick breath?!

...beats me! Somehow Caleb has learned to manage... with my quirks and all.

I take my make up off and look like a total zombie before bed.
OCD overcomes me and I can't sleep until every dish is clean and put away.
I make him say 'excuse me' after every. single. burp.
Sometimes, I even steal the covers.
I clip my toenails whenever I find it necessary, no matter how unladylike I look.
While telling jokes, I ALWAYS cross the line.
I rap to Eminem, verbatim, even though he envies hates it.
After dinner, I don't always 'suck it in', and could care less how big my food baby looks.
I have hysterical laughing fits where I laugh so hard I cry...at my own jokes.
I ask him his opinions on my outfits, even though I'll probably change 2-3 more times.
Photo shoots on my Mac happen all too often, while he's even in the room (Exhibit A seen above).
I can be a bit of a grump when he leaves for work at 5:30am.
My relationship with my double chin is real...and makes for amazing snap chats, that he usually witnesses.

It's a wonder how he sticks around...but somehow, he deals with my weirdness. After all, we've all got our quirks. What makes you weird!?

13 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! I thought about the toenail thing a lot when we were first dating...That's the last thing I think about now! Can't wait to hear all about your amazing first year anniversary! Eeeee, on to year TWO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I totally have hysterical laughing fits at my own jokes too!!!! :) Ryan tells me I'm the weirdest person he knows, but I guess he loves all my quirks and weirdness too. :D We are lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the best at laughing at my own jokes! I can be so funny sometimes! Every now and then Peter will admit it :) Right now I've never clipped my toe nails in front of Peter but we'll see what the future holds :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! I have so many odd traits I am sure!
    If I have gone barefoot at all during the day I MUST wash my feet before they touch the bed. I just can't stand dirty feet!
    I can't talk to someone while I am going to the bathroom. I have never been one of those girls to talk to someone while peeing. I just can't do it! I make Mic wait to finish a story or whatever it is until I am out of the bathroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um hi, why are you so gorgeous, first of all?! I think every guy is shocked by how much hair us females lose on a daily basis-- we are CONSTANTLY sweeping our tiny bathroom floor and Jared is like how are you not bald yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hilarious!! I have those thoughts all the time about when Matthew and I get married (whenever that happens lol). Especially the bad breath when I wake up part LOL I already feel sorry for him having to be around that when we do get married!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I'm so glad you guys had such a great anniversary weekend! You crack me up. I laugh at my own jokes all the time. I always get a big eye roll from Derek, ha. If only he knew what was funny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! I often think the same things with my hubby! Sounds like you have a catch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'all are the most adorbz.... I love that you make him excuse himself after a burp. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post was the best!!! Love it all!! Happy belated anniversary! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post almost as much as I love you pretty friend. He's a lucky man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always cross the line with my jokes. It's horrible, but hilarious at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha I love this! I am actually at the point where if my food baby looks particularly large and Dom isn't around I'll send him a picture and ask what we should name it. Talk about sexy right there!!!!


    p.s. sorry I'm so behind on blog reading hahahaah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!